(1) Unless the context requires some other meaning:
"Acceptable Use Policy" means such standards of behaviour in discussion and user group forums as the Provider may announce from time to time;
"Data" means the personal data provided by a Registered User upon registration and his use of the Services;
"Notification" means the particulars that the Provider has notified to the Information Commissioner for the time being;
"Privacy Statement" means the statement about how the Provider collects information through this site and what it does with such information;
"Provider" means Telecare LIN ("TLIN"), 21 Summer Street, Stroud, Gloucestershire GL5 1NX;
"Registered User" means a person who registers for a Service
"Services" means the services, including communications, that the Provider offers to Registered Users form time to time comprising; the Telecare LIN Ltd weekly bulletin, bi-monthly newsletter, events organised by Telecare LIN Ltd and user and discussion group forums;
"Website Access Terms" means the licence to enter this website for the time being.
(2) The headings to these conditions are intended to make these conditions easier to follow and do not form part of the conditions nor affect their interpretation.
(1) A person who wishes to use the Services must register as a Registered User.
(2) Deregistration from one Service, with the exception of our bulletins and newsletters, shall disqualify a Registered User from using the others.
(1) The Registered User acknowledges that by registering and using the Services the Provider is likely to acquire personal information about the Registered User.
(2) The Registered User consents to the collection, storage and processing of any Data that relates to him provided that:
(a) The Provider holds and processes such Data only for the Purposes and in accordance with the Notification; and
(b) complies fully with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any related legislation..
(3) The Provider acknowledges that Data relating to the Registered User is confidential and will use it only for the Purposes and not disclose it to any other person without the consent of the Registered User or an order of a court in England and Wales.
(4) The registered user can exercise their right to be forgotten at any time.
4. Registered User's Obligations
The Registered User promises that they will:
(1) comply with the Acceptable Use Policy;
(2) notify the Provider of any change in the particulars they gave upon registration as a Registered User; and
(3) contribute towards the cost of providing a place for the Registered User at an event should they fail to attend that event. Details of costs of non-attendance varies depending on the size of the event and is detailed on each event’s webpage.
(1) The Registered User may cease to be a Registered User at any time upon request by:
(a) logging on their account and clicking ‘Delete your account’; or
(b) emailing the request to the Provider at email@example.com
(c) telephoning +44 (0) 20 7820 8077
(2) The Provider can remove a Registered User at any time if:
(a) they die;
(b) their electronic mailbox ceases to accept emails;
(c) they contravene the Acceptable Use Policy; or
(d) they use any information on the website or gained from their use of the Services in an inappropriate way including for commercial gain; or
(e) they act in any way that harms the operation of this website or the reputation of the Provider.
(3) The Provider can remove a Registered User upon 1 month notice, which may, for these purposes consist of an email, if such removal affects some but not all Registered Users or an announcement upon its website if it affects all Registered Users.
6. Effect of De-Registration
The Data of a person who ceases to be a Registered User shall be used only for the purpose set out in paragraph 3.(2)(d) of the Privacy Statement.
Should any of these conditions be declared by a court to be void, voidable or unenforceable on grounds of illegality or as contrary to statute, public policy or otherwise in any part of the United Kingdom or elsewhere, such provision shall be deemed never to have formed part of these conditions but all other provisions shall remain in force.
8. Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999
These conditions are not intended to create any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 which is enforceable by any person who is not a party to a Contract and the rights of any third party under that Act are hereby expressly excluded.
9. Choice of Law
These Terms and any Contract incorporating them shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
The Registered User submits irrevocably to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.